Monday 11 May 2015

Roberto explains inspiration behind ‘Amarulah’

ROBERTO, who has been riding the crest of the wave with the song Amarulah, is in Rwanda where he was gracing former Big Brother Africa hotshot Arthur Nkusi’s show on Friday in Kigali.
In one of the interviews he conducted there, he revealed the inspiration behind Amarulah; and the answer is not exactly what you thought.
“Well I first worked on the beat and had another idea for the song altogether. I recall making the beat in the evening and by morning, I had another idea pop up and it was just the name Amarulah at that point,” he told The New Times.
“I didn’t know what direction I would take but as soon as I opened my mouth to sing it was all smooth sailing. I don’t write down lyrics but just let what’s on my mind flow. An hour later, I had a new song called Amarulah!”

Roberto also revealed that he is currently working on some material with Nigerian artistes Pato Ranking and Don Jazzy’s artiste Reekado Banks. He is also working with his brother General Ozzy on his new album, writing and producing his music with the newly released song called Census being one of them.
Roberto also talked about his visits to Rwanda and his favourite concert destinations in Africa.
He says his show with American rapper Eve in Namibia will always have a special place and fondly remembers his first visit to Rwanda in the company of General Ozzy.
“My show with American Rapper Eve in Namibia will always have a special place, also Kampala, Uganda, with Radio & Weasel was explosive, and not forgetting Rwanda, you have no idea how I love Rwanda, this country is just amazing.
“My first visit to Rwanda was splendid, and the reception we received was over the moon. That time I came as a back-up singer for my brother General Ozzy. We loved Kigali from arrival and have constantly made reference that this is one country I would visit any time of the year. Such a beautiful country and I truly just love the vibe,” he said. (Zambia Daily Mail)